.COOP Eligibility Requirements
Only cooperatives, cooperative service organizations and subsidiaries of cooperatives are eligible to register the .coop domain name. To be approved to register and use a .coop domain name, the registrant must qualify under at least one of the following criteria:
- Members of the National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA) if otherwise eligible;
- Members of the International Cooperative Alliance(ICA) if otherwise eligible;
- Organizations formed as and/or considered cooperatives under applicable local law;
- Associations comprised of cooperatives;
- Organizations that are committed to the seven cooperative principles;
- Organizations that are majority controlled by cooperatives;
- Entities whose operations are principally dedicated to serving cooperatives;
.COOP Verification Policy
The .coop verification process is initiated as soon as the .coop domain is registered. The registrant will receive an email by dotCoop asking them to provide confirmation or evidence that they are eligible for their .coop registration. The .coop name/s registered by this registrant will be inactive until the registrant has been verified as eligible.
If the .COOP registry is not able to verify eligibility for any reason, no refund of registration fees will be given regardless of any grace periods.