An authorization code is a unique key assigned by the registrar to a domain. It is used to verify domain name transfers between registrars. Essentially it is the "password" for a domain name and aids in the identification of the domain owner so proper authority can be established.
Articles in this section
- How do I transfer my domain to Internic?
- How do I move my Domain to another Internic account?
- How do I transfer my domain to another registrar?
- What is an authorization (EPP) code?
- How do I edit my Authorization Code if it is incorrect?
- How do I acknowledge my domain transfers?
- What is the Transfer Manager?
- What does each status in the Transfer Manager really mean?
- How do I obtain my Authorization (EPP) Code and unlock my domain?
- How is transferring a .EU different than other domains?