There are many reasons to maintain an accurate WHOIS record. The most important reason for maintaining an accurate WHOIS record is it reduces the chance of an unauthorized modification or transfer to your domain name. It also ensures that we have contact data by which to communicate critical information to you such as renewal notices. In addition to these reasons you are also obligated to maintain an accurate WHOIS record with the registry in order to have your registration remain valid. Having an invalid WHOIS record can result in the suspension or even deletion of your domain.
Articles in this section
- How do I edit my domain contacts?
- How do I register .CA domain names as a corporation?
- Why is it important to maintain an accurate WHOIS record?
- What information is made public in the WHOIS?
- Why do I need to confirm my WHOIS information?
- Are there .CA domains I cannot register?
- What is a Premium Domain and why does it cost more?
- Who is ICANN?
- What is domain Parking? What does it mean to Park my domain with Internic?
- What are the acceptable characters I can use in my domain name registration?